Thing#6 Reflective Practice

Finally getting around to my Reflective Practice on Rudai23 !

So, here we go.... first off the image banks.

Image Banks:

The first one I ever started with was Flickr - and I happen to still like it, even though you have to credit the photographer, I actually don't mind this.  Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I do think it's nice to link to the original source and credit the person with their work.  It's also good for the person who owns the photo to know that other people are using it!  That said, if I'm in a hurry and have to do a social media post quickly for work, then the other one I like to use is Google images, and go to the advanced settings to find the 'free to use share or modify'.  I also like Pexels, Pixabay and the Rawpixel and Stocksnap.io that Kris mentioned. Here's one I got for Taking Notes on Rawpixel.



Ripl Vs Quik:

I like both of these apps a lot and have used them quite a bit in the library to advertise events.  I posted the Ripl one on Twitter for the visit of the Liam McCarthy cup - and find it very good for short presentation like clips.

I was asked to make a video showing students how to find their books on each bay in the library as it was discovered that many of them thought you started at one end and went all the way to the other end.  So I made this one on Quik - you have to listen to it with the music on ... !



Photofunia:

I LOVED this app and website and had fun playing around with it.  Not sure how useful it would be for the library, but certainly fun for friends and family ... I'm looking forward to the Snow Globe for Christmas! 


Swans at the Claddagh - spot the Black Swan!


Screen Cast-o-Matic and Powtoon:

I tried the Screen cast-o-matic - and did a very basic shot of the library website.  I found this to be a bit tricky and it took time.  I think I need longer on this one.

Last on the list was Powtoon - which I have used before only once, for an Introduction to the Library for new students.  It can be tricky enough to get the hang of - but here is a very basic one that I tried.








Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing Rawpixel tip and I hope you don't mind if I reuse the How to Find a Book in UL! Go you, I'm glad you enjoyed the Visual Communicator stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Michelle! No problem using the Find a Book in UL , glad you like it - you can find the link here from the JHL YouTube page https://www.youtube.com/user/JamesHardimanLibrary/videos

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts